Saturday, July 22, 2023

My, have times changed!

July 22, 2023. Spent Friday night in Hillsborough. Made my way to Ranney School for an AM all-comers meet. Just the other day I registered for the 400. I just needed to post a time and get it out of my system. I wasn't able to take advantage of this near-perfect day: low-80s, low-humidity, mild wind. I found myself in heat 2 (of 2), lane 4 (of five racing). Tow of the three guys on my inside made up the stagger on me in the first 50; I made up the stagger on the teen to my outside not terribly long after that. I wound up pace off him from the mid-backstretch to the 200m mark. I didn't feel strong over the third 100 and flat out weak up the homestretch. So much for watching my 2022 Armory Sprint Night video as inspiration. I am sad if embarrassed to say I did not break 60 seconds, a first since returning to track 15 years ago. Ten years ago, I was able to run 3 400s in practice in 60 seconds...on 10 min rest. My, have times changed!

July 21, 2023. Went to track in AM. Stretched and did 4x100, 2 in 15-mid and 2 in 14-high. The goal was race pace. These were slower than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment