Wednesday, February 9, 2022

I was shortsighted.

 Wed, 2/9/22-

Decided to take off the morning in favor of working out in the afternoon...in part with Pingry's T&F team. I didn't know what was in store for me, but I settled on 150s. I did three in the 22 range. By the time I got started the mid-distance runners were a couple of 400s into their 7-8x400 workout, broken down into sets of 3, 3 and 2. The top runner seemed to be hitting between 68 and 70. The rest was 3 minutes between efforts and five minutes, I think, between sets. After my three 150s. I got curious about the team's 400s. By this point they were down to what could be their last one or two. Turns out the coach told the top runner that he could skip the 8th if he could manage a strong seventh one, perhaps between 65-68. I decided I'd join the team on this effort. After getting boxed in for nearly the first 100 meters, I broke free and executed an even 400 in 63.xx. Admittedly, I was unable to catch the top runner on account of being boxed in. In retrospect, I should have opted for their workout and bagged my own. I was shortsighted.

Tues, 2/8/22

Parked at the Y. Forgot my watch. Would up using my iPhone. Covered the 4M distance in 31:40 on this early morning where slick streets were plentiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment