Wednesday, March 10, 2021

all jacked up

Tues, 3/9-

I drove to Pingry for a workout on the track, which I figured would be pretty clear except for snow piles on either side. I was right. I was able to use lane 2 on this unseasonably mild day--a sunny 62 degrees! 

Inspired by Chuck K's recent workout, but also missing the oval these past 11 weeks (12/13/20 was the last time I had been on the track), I planned for 12x200.

I'd wear my training sneakers for the first set of 3, my racing flats for the second set of three, my black and green spikes for my third set, and my blue rubbery spikes (the ones that slip off!!) for my fourth.

I was shooting for 3@36, 3@34, 3@32, and 3@30 with 3:00 rest between repeats and 4:30 between sets. And that's what I managed. It wasn't easy, though. In addition to being out of shape, my back, hip, and knee are all screwed up. For weeks now, I have been all jacked up. I have an appointment with Mark Najera.


Mon, 3/8-

Went to Y with V. While she went inside, I did 4M (to CVS and back to the Y's parking lot) on the road, something I haven't done in a while. 30:15 (8:00, 7:45, 7:30, 7:00). Came back to the Y for some lifting.


Sun, 3/7-

Took off. In the Hudson Valley (Tarrytown) with V.


Sat, 3/6-

mile warmup...8:30

stretched...8:00

mile..8:00

3:00/push-ups and crunches

mile...8:00


Fri, 3/5-V's bday

Took off


No comments:

Post a Comment