Monday, June 15, 2020

regularly scheduled program

Sunday, 6/14/20
Went to TCNJ to do Sit 'n Kick Reps. It was about 75 degrees and slighly windy. The ideal/goal is 5x (400m @ 64 . . . rest 30-sec . . . 200m @ 28) with a jog 1200m btw sets. Being able to do this as written sets me up to run about 2:00 in the 800m.  Since this was my first Sit 'n Kick Reps workout in months and since I know I am in deperate need of conditioning, I figured that I would be a few seconds off pace. Thus, my goal was 67 and 32, with 90 sec rest between 400s and 200s and 1200m/9:00 between sets.

As I was stretching, a guy I had seen before at the track approached me and engaged me in a some small talk. I had chatted with him and another guys a couple of months ago re: track. This guy, Walter Rogers, had seen me and GTPC at Penn Relays and has competed himself. At any rate, he asked me how long I'd be at the track and if I'd be up for a few baton exchanges.  I told him it depended on how I felt after my workout. 

I started my workout:
70,32 (As I finished this effort, it was clear that Walter was waiting for me to connect with him on baton exchanges. After my 1200m jog, I moved right into the next set.)
68,32 (Walter was still waiting, so I just told him let's get the baton exchanges out of the way. Each of us handed off the baton four times and received it four times...for a total of about 400 meters of sprinting.) 
I then returned to my regularly scheduled program, thinking of the handoffs as their own set.
66,31
65,30

No comments:

Post a Comment