Saturday, July 11, 2015

a long way off

July 11-

I met up with a few guys from the club and a couple of non-club members (Justin and another local guy whose name I don't recall) at Downingtown East HS at 7:30 AM for a workout.  John Curtis drove all the way from MD to join us.  Now that's dedication!  As early as Tuesday I knew we'd offer two workouts: 200/400 type and 800/1600 type.  Rob, John and I opted for the spring workout; Chuck, Justin, Duncan and the other guy opted for the other choice.  They'd do a shorter rest, slower version of what we did last Saturday.  Rob, Curtis and I would do 150s.  My initial thought was to do the dirty dozen.  Rob and John explained that they normally do fewer than that.  I decided 10 was sufficient: two in 23, two in 22, two in 21s, two in 20s, and two in 19s.


Set 1 (3:00 walk between each repeat): Rob led--23-high, 22-high

Set 2: I led.  22-mid, 21-high


Set 3:  (3:30) John led. 21-mid, 20-high mid.  Almost stopped on account of hip flexor not feeling right at all.  Stretched it a little and applied Icy Hot.


Set 4: Rob led.  20-mid, 19-high


Set 5: I led.  Sluggish!  20-low; 19-high.


This is a long way off my workout at WC Henderson last month!  This took more out of me than it should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment