Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I feel like an old man.

10/16--Got to Henderson early, around 5:30.  Can you believe it?  Warmed up over two loops around the block.  Tried to get a good stretch in.  My body is not quite where it should be.  I feel like an old man. Kevin announced that the workouts were 8x800 with a 200m jog in-between or 6x800 with a 200m jog in-between.  Before I knew it the top group was off!  I found myself weaving in and around in the dark with the remaining 50.  I felt terribly off and like I was going fast...but I wasn't.  3:03.  The second one wasn't much better: 3:01.  I broke 3:00 on the third one--2:59.  I then realized that I needed a breather.  I stretched for a little and missed the fourth one.  I jumped back into the workout with a 2:57 (my fourth).  I then joined the top crew for the last 3.  I was right in there for the first one: 2:43.  The next one, run in 2:45, saw me take a step back.  The last one, my #7, escaped me.  The recovery was so fast that I was way behind from the get-go.  I managed 2:47.  I understand that the guys were right around 2:40.

This was one of my worst 800m repeat workouts! 

10/15--easy run of 4.63M in 35:25--7:39 pace.  Ran straight to Goose Creek Park (.93M), did 3 loops (1.6M), took the long way back home (2.1M).--

10/14Busy day; day got away from me.  Back is bothering me.  Stiff; feels like a damaged nerve.  No running today.

No comments:

Post a Comment