Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm still in awe.

Saturday--
Millrose.

Had a good trip up there with Craig, Bruce, and Brian.
Hung out at Starbucks for a while.
Met up with the rest of the team at 3:30.
Hung around to watch some races, including our Sprint Medley Relay.
Had some discussion about our 4x400 40+ lineup.
Bruce courageously decided he was not 100% to run due to a nagging injury, so Craig stepped in.
Warmed up: Nick, Craig, Ray and me.
Was stretched out well and ready to race.
Start of the race...
Nick got out well and brought the stick to Craig in second in 55-56 seconds.
Craig hung tough and held off the charging runners behind him until he was within the final meters of the handoff.
Ray passed the guy in front of him and made short work of the final 200.
I got the baton in no-man's land; the team in front led by 80 meters.
I felt smooth across the first 200 and felt myself stall with 100 to go. I think my last 100 was in 15 sucky seconds! From one account I ran in the 55-second range (Arrgghh). Hopefully, that means 54.9. Either way, I had hoped to run a second faster. Oh well.

We ran 3:43.

Masters 4x400 video 2012

The day was great, though. I got a chance to see some great races/stars: Lagat, Shannon Rowbury, Jenny Simpson, Morgan Uceny, Maggie Vessey, LaTavia Thomas, Phoebe Wright, Sanya Richards, Natasha Hastings, Mary Wineberg, the Barber twins, Shalonda Solomon, Debbie Ferguson, Bianca Knight, and others. I even saw Maurice Green.

The highlight came with American records--Lagat's, a collegian's and a high schooler's...all in the 5000. Amazing! And Sanya Richards' 400 of 50.89 was brilliant.

I'm still in awe...but boy does my right big toe kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment