Tuesday, August 16, 2011

You know how we do.

Tuesday, 8/16--Early morning workout at Henderson: 3x2000 w/ 400 jog rest. You know how we do. The pace for the first was about 6:00; the pace for the second was 5:50; the pace for the third was 5:35...at least for me. I wound up doing the last 1600 of the third 2000, not the whole thing. In the evening, I followed up with 6x400 at 78/79 with a 200 meter jog of 1:40.

Monday, 8/15--4.4 miles. 2 Rustin loops: 17:00 and 16:00=33:00

Sunday, 8/14--Downpour. Went to Y. 8 miles, rotating among indoor track, weights, and treadmill. 2 miles track, 5 min lift, 2 miles treadmill, 2 miles track, 5 min lift, 2 miles treadmill...last mile in 6:20.

Saturday, 8/13--Conestoga Alumni 5K. My son and I arrived to find fewer people that we had expected at the park. We did some greetings, settled in and eventually jogged portions of the unfamiliar course. It was all grass, hilly and with enough switchbacks to make cyclist Lance Armstrong feel heavenly. The 9 AM time came upon us, and we began. The race was a slow one, even though it felt faster. I was floored when I saw 6:35 at the mile mark! I was in 4th at this point and felt that I'd see a 5-something. I knew at that moment that the course was slow and that I should treat the race as a tempo run. I saw 12:40 at the 2-mile mark. By this point I had gone up several grassy hills, the kind for which older people might use a walking stick. I tried to stride the last mile and was annoyed to be passed by a youngster with .1 to go. I went with him, but didn't care to be beaten given my purpose. In the end, I got 4th with a pedestrian 19:46 and a $25 gift certificate, which I spent directly after the race. The bananas and bagels were good, too!

2.2 mi--Rustin loop

Friday, 8/12--Did 3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment