Sunday, April 4, 2010

Trying to get myself back together

It's been another week since I last posted. Coming back from a calf injury, here's my quick and dirty run-down for the last seven days:
Today--I've yet to run, but I plan to do 6.6.
Yesterday (Saturday)--warm-up 1 mile; stretch; workout: run 400, then walk to 150 mark in 45 sec or so, then run 150, then jog 1200; cool down 1000. I did 4 sets and not the usual five and did a shorter cool down because I was running short on time. I've definitely need to get my leg turnover back, as I did not feel sharp or remotely fast. It was one of those workouts where you feel you're going faster than you actually are...until you look at the watch and realize that you were well off pace. Anyway, my runs were: 67,25; 66,25; 65,24; 64,23. The last set was the only one that met the standard.
Friday--6.3 miles in 47 minutes in Baltimore (Inner Harbor). Then, lifted in fitness center in hotel.
Thursday--6.0 miles in 45 minutes near St. Mary's City in MD.
Wednesday--5.9 miles around Rustin. 2 full loops. Cut left just before mile mark into third loop. Crossed grass driveway and up main road to Shiloh and back home.
Tuesday--warm-up mile. 5x.5 mi on treadmill. Lift in-between repeats. Cool down mile.
Monday--2.2 miles

As one can see, I am trying to get myself back together.

I am inspired by the magical performances of my Greater Phila Track Club teammates: Kevin, Chuck, Nick, Scott, Bob, and Cheryl, just to name a few. They are amazing. Their 800s: Kevin (46)--2:04; Chuck (50)--2:17; Nick (41)--1:56; Scott (45)--2:02; Bob (43)--2:00; Cheryl (50)--2:33. Who wouldn't be amazed? Great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment