Saturday, April 10, 2010

I was able to make it through

For the first time in a while, I was able to make it through an interval workout intact. Admittedly, the workout wasn't that taxing, bit it was enough to bolster my confidence that I am on the right path. I warmed up 1.25 miles, stretch pretty well, did some light drills, then proceeded to do my 6 200s in 30 with a 200 walk (3 minutes), then cooled down 1 mile. My 200s were 28-low, 28-high, 29-low, 29-low, 28-high, and 28-low. This is the first 200 meter workout I've done in ages, and it felt pretty good, despite the fact that I was unable to run these as relaxed as I would've liked.

This afternoon I also did a mile or so warming up with my kids, who were about to do a 5K. My 10-year old daughter ran 26:14, and my son ran 19:55; he was greatly disappointed, to say the least. Then again, he really hasn't gotten himself into appropriate shape.

Tomorrow I will likely run to Penn Oaks to lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment