Saturday, February 20, 2010

I have to recommit myself and now.

2/20/10--This morning I ran to Penn Oaks (24:35), lifted, and ran back home (23:35). Total 6.6


2/19/10--The race at Haverford (Keough Invite) did not go well. As I've been saying for weeks now, I have some work to do. I go to Haverford early enough (4:35), which gave me plenty of time to get settled and warm up. I did not run until about 7:30! I tried to use the time well, doing lots of jogging, stretching and flexibility exercises. It didn't matter...after all. My seed time was 2:05 and I was in heat 6 of 7. I was in lane 2, figuring that I had the second fastest seed time in the heat. My plan was to try to run even splits like I did at last year's national meet. This meant 31s for each lap. Only my first lap met this goal! My splits were ugly: 31,32(63),33(1:36),34(2:10). After seeing :63 at the 400, I tried to pick it up during the third lap. I did for about 75-80 meters, but then I was thwarted by someone who broke my stride going into the far turn. This threw me off and forced me into lane two around the turn and then back into the inside of lane 1. I bumped out a guy to get this position. This was not a formula for a smooth race. Needless to say, after seeing 1:36, I was mentally depleted during the final lap. This was especially true coming down the home stretch, where I saw the clock tick towards 2:10...what would be my recorded time. My first thoughts were "You Suck." Once I got over my disappointment, I decided that my more crowded schedule, one-less-workout per week, bad, snowy weather, and additional stress over last year have taken their toll on me. Still, I have to recommit myself and now. Total: 2.25 miles. 25 miles for the week--Sunday to Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Having to wait around for three hours never helps.
    You mentioned upping your mileage and keeping a track of that,I log my daily mileage to keep a weekly tally,trust me it helps me keep track,my last six weeks have been 27,30,30,30,30,40.

    ReplyDelete