Sunday, January 22, 2017

in light of

Sunday, Jan 22, 2017-Went for an easy 5M (4.95M) run.  36:45, 7:21/mile.  It felt pretty good, especially in light of competing yesterday and still being sick.

January 21, 2017--Collegeville Invitational

I arrived at about 12:30.  I learned the meet was running a few minutes ahead of schedule.  I warmed up immediately.  I had a good series of stretching   Eventually, I found out I was in heat 7 (of 10) lane 2.    There were five of us in the section, one to my inside and three to my outside.  I got out okay when the gun went off, making up the stagger on lane 2 by the 100 meter mark.  Coming into the homestretch I felt the guy in lane one try to beat me to the break.  I surged and got there first.  I hit the 200 mark in 26xx.  I was in the lead.  I held the lead through the finish, winning by 1.5 seconds.  Coming up the stretch I tightened, as I looked at the clock tick up 51, 52, 53, 54, 55.... I thought I had run 56-low.  My official time was 56.49.  I guess that's where I am right now.  Perhaps a faster heat may have produced a fast time. 

I jogged a bit and readied myself for the 200.  I was assigned lane 6 AGAIN in heat 9 of 11.  All lanes were filled.  At least I was able to use starting blocks.  I got a good start out of the blocks and seemed smooth through the turn.  It was a close race.  I got third in my heat, running a 25.45. 

Body-wise, I felt good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment