Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Poor Penn

Tues, May 3-took off

Mon, May 2-took off

Sun, May 1-took off

Sat, April 30th-did not compete in the 4x400 at Penn.  Pulled hamstring.  Here's the video of the team's race.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eaZaMdTUclE

Friday, April 29th-Penn Relays

Arrived at the athletes' entrance at 1:00 PM to meet Chuck.
Hung out with team for a little while before beginning our warmup for the 100 on the infield.
Jogged about a mile, stretched and did strides.
Felt okay, but it was cool (mid-high 50s) and moist on this day.  There was occasional sun, but it wasn't pretty.
Wound up having lane 7.
Got blown away for 7th place in a sluggish 12.40.
Penn Relays 2016 M40100

Felt a little stitch, but I thought it was just a little stiffness after the race.
Hung out for a while.
Eventually went with the relay squad to warmup for the 4x100 on the soccer field.
Did about a mile, stretched and did baton exchange/passes.
Felt a little stiff, but did not notice anything significant.
Made our way to Franklin Field.
Once I was on the field getting prepared for our race, which would be in about five minutes or so, I started to feel my leg get a little stiff, sore, maybe even knotty.
Thought I'd be okay.
Not even 15 meters after I got the baton in lane 9 I pulled my left hamstring.
Finished my leg on account of wanting the other guys to run.
Ran about a second slower than I would have.
Team time 49.01.

No comments:

Post a Comment