Monday, April 4, 2016

HAMSTRING!

Monday, 4/4-Got up early to workout, but decided against it.

Sunday, 4/3-Met up with the crew (Chuck K., Chuck S., Duncan, Rob, Bruce, and John) at Radnor, despite 50 mile an hour winds and 39-degree temp.  The wind was so absurdly strong that I could barely do my warm-up laps.  We improvised the workout, deciding on 150s, the wind primarily to our backs.  

Run #1: Felt faster than the 24 seconds.  Can this be right?
Run #2: 23-low
Run #3: 22-low
Run #4: 21-low
Run #5: 20-low
Run #6: pulled up with about 15 meters to go.  HAMSTRING!

Saturday, 4/2-Went to the with with V.  Did mile (donut-7:15), lift, mile (treadmill-7:30), stretch, mile (donut-7:00), lift.
Friday, 4/1-back home.  Ran 5M around neighborhood and XC course.
Thursday, 3/31-in FL.  No running.  Hamstring.

2 comments:

  1. No Running!
    Util your muscle fibers are strong enough to not split/break again
    Hold off until the weekend then nothing over 70% full speed! Also, not too much mileage either. Then build back your speed and mileage in progressive increments.

    I realize you may not do this, I'm just saying what we know will work to get you to 100%. The question is, are you patient enough to wait or will you risk injury and come back too early and too hard like I've done too many times!! :-)
    The goal is get you to Quest 53.x this track season. I'm sure that will happen unless you damage your parts! So be patient Penn Relays are find and good and you will run well just keep sight of what your primary goal. It is not the Penn Relays it is Quest 53.x ?? I think so anyway ????
    --Broken Calf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Bruce!

      I pretty much took off the week. See my blog. I am miffed, though. My goal was to run 53xx open prior to Penn. How are YOU feeling?

      Delete