Saturday, September 5, 2015

Good call on the workout, Chuck S.

Sat, 9/5-

Met up with Bruce, Chuck K., Chuck S., Duncan and a few of the Athena women (Julie, Mary, Carla) at Radnor HS at 8:00 to do 6x800.  The rest would be "the time run."  It was a warm but otherwise nice 70-75  degrees with light winds. 

The goal pace, establish by Chuck S., was 2:47/2:48, with an equal amount of rest.  Chuck K. did a lot of the heavy lifting on the first three, running 2:44 for the first and in the mid- and upper 2:30s for the second and third.  He'd back off on the remaining ones, opting for partials, running with the second group, and eventually tacking on a set of 150s. 

My runs were: 
2:45, 
2:44, 
2:44, 
2:43, 
2:43, and 
2:33.  

Good call on the workout, Chuck S.  This was a bit of a confidence boost.  I am inching closer to where I want to be.  I hope to be able to drop my times by five seconds per repeat within the next three weeks.  Alternatively, I'd like to be able to hit these times with less rest (e.g., 2:00 or even 200 meter jog).

No comments:

Post a Comment