Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Creek to River: The last mile was likely my fastest.

Friday, 9/25-took off

Thursday, 9/24-Met up with the townies at 5:40 AM, got out of the car, and hopped right to running.  The workout was 12 x 45 seconds on/45 seconds off beginning at the "mark," which is about 1.7M into the tun.  We hit the mark at about 12:05.  I hung in there as best I could, losing ground on Scott, Manion, Ed, Steve, and John in successive 10-meter increments beginning after the second set.  I reached the 4M mark in just under 27:00.  John Lavin and I finished up together on the edges of the industrial area.  I followed my normal abbreviate 7.1M route and arrived at my car in 51:00.

Wednesday, 923-Ran an easy 5.7M at 6:00 AM.

Tuesday, 9/22-Went to WC Henderson at 5:35 AM for a workout, which was 3 x 2000m with a 400-meter jog between sets.

Set 1: went through the mile in 6:05, and finished up in 7:35.  400 rest about 2:15.
Set 2: went through the mile in 5:55, and finished up in 7:20.  Took 3:30 rest, missing the first 400 of the top group's third 2000 meters.
Set 3: 5:41 mile

Monday, 9/21-Went to the Y for the usual mile/lift sequence.

Sunday, 9/20-Competed in the 1st annual River to Creek Relay.  Met in Conshohocken and drove up to Harleysville.  Warmed up at 8:15. My teammates left at 8:40.

The route was 30+ miles.  We had men and women teams.

Leg #1 - 5.0 miles - Green Lane Park: Sue Delfidio, Delvin Dinkins
Leg #2 - 3.3 miles - Spring Mount Village: Rachel Wise, Anthony Pugliese
Leg #3 - 4.5 miles - Central Perkiomen Valley Park: Elaine Schmidt, Paul Patterson
Leg #4 - 5.0 miles - Collegeville: Nicole Danielewicz, Chuck Shields
Leg #5 - 7.3 miles - Oaks: Margaret Vido, Tim Harte
Leg #6 - 5.0 miles - Norristown: Traci Tempone, Dan Maaza

The great Paul Vandegrift was our driver!  It was awesome talking literature, teaching and school with him and Paul Patterson after the race.

I believe my leg was 5.16M; I remember seeing the marker on the ground.  I was pretty conservative, perhaps too, during the first portion on the race.  I found myself in 7th place after 3 miles.  I understood the pettiness of my sexism when I saw four women racing in front of me, one of whom was a GPTC member!  Two of them finished ahead of me, one of them barely.  They were flying.

I ran my leg in 31:30, handing the wristband off in 5th place.  The last mile was likely my fastest.  The total team time was 3:06 and change.  We raced at 6:13 pace, I believe.

It was a beautiful run.  The trail was shaded and attractive.

Saturday, 9/19-took off

Friday, 9/18-ran an easy 2.2M

Thursday, 9/17-Met up with the group at WC Country Club.  Did a reasonably easy 7.1M in 53:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment