Sunday, December 21, 2014

It's been five weeks since I fell from shape. I'm all screwed up!

December 21, 2014

It's been five weeks since I fell from shape.  I blew out my left calf five weeks ago, trying to do some 300s.  My right knee was already bothering me, probably related to overcompensating for piriformis issues.  And my piriformis issues probably stemmed from plantar fasciitis.  I'm all screwed up!  My mechanics are a mess, and so am I.

I have tried to jog here and there, on the road, one the Y's indoor track, on the treadmill, but the result has been exacerbation of my injury.  I have done a little biking and tried swimming and "pool work" just yesterday.

I have put on a few pounds, but not too many.

I have twice seen Dr. Tom Miles, chiropractor and body guru who was highly recommended by Rob Schwartz, Lorraine Jasper, and Betsy Stewart.  A third visit is scheduled for just before the New Year.

I have not been out of commission this long since I began this campaign more than some six years ago.  

How frustrating!  I fear that the winter season may be in jeopardy!

No comments:

Post a Comment