Thursday, June 19, 2014

My distance base is nonexistent.

Thursday, 6/19-I decided to join the 5:30 AM distance group in town for the 7.9M.  I went last year.  Before then, it had been several months since I had shown. The plan was for the group to do pick-ups for a good portion of the run: 2 minutes hard, one minute "easy" 5 times.  I was good for steady state part of the run.  Like this time last year, once the pick-ups started I knew I was in trouble.  I eventually found myself well off pace.  And like last year return to the Thursday morning group run, my last 2-minute pick-up ended (at 26:35) 2 streets before the 4-mile mark.  I wound up reaching the corner at 28:15, the same as last year, and the planter at 28:35.  

I bagged the remaining 3.9 miles in favor of a few minuets of walking and nearly a mile back to the parking lot.  My distance base is nonexistent.  I have plenty of work to do.
Wed, 6/18-Decided to do a little lifting in the fitness center at EA.

No comments:

Post a Comment