Saturday, November 26, 2011

I am just wondering

I am so sore from Thursday's football game. I had a couple of good slip-and-falls that I'll remember for a while. It's amazing what muscles one can discover during a football game.

My foot, in particular, kills. I slammed it into the back of a guy's cleat and jammed it badly. I was writhing in pain and had to sit out a down. It was made worse by the fact that I have issues with my plantar and arthritis in my feet. Let's just say that I'm thankful it's not broken. When I got home I iced it and took an anti-inflammatory.

Yesterday, I was able to run on it at the Y (with DJ). We ran 2 miles on the 16-lap per mile track to warm up (14:35). I then did some lifting on 10 machines, followed by 2 miles on the treadmill (13:55). When I got home I soaked in epsom salt water. I wish I could say the soreness is gone.

I am just wondering whether I should give a track workout a try today or wait until tomorrow. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment