Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm having major problems.

On Tuesday, I tried to run a 5K race at Westtown, but I could not manage to finish. First, I am a true head case as of late. Second, my lower back tightened up terribly. Third, gastrointestinal distress! I was on pace for about 18:30 on what is a rather tough course (especially for me!), but I just fell apart after the first mile. I stopped at about 1.3, waited for my son who was about :45 seconds or behind me, and then continued to run with him. I tried to push him, but had to stop with about .4 to go. I was very uncomfortable. I was having major problems. After a brief cool down, I drove home and hid from myself. I need an intervention, perhaps a divine one! 4 miles.

On Wednesday, I ran 5 miles or so. Preoccupied with the previous evening's shenanigans at Westtown, I tried to take an old path from our neighborhood to Westtown to face my demons. Unfortunately, the path was pretty overgrown and the bridge across the creek was no more. I wound up jumping across the creek through several inches of water, only to find the brush too thick for me (I was shirtless!). I turned around and did the rest of the run on the Rustin XC course. Needles to say, I still had some unfinished business with which to contend. Early in the evening I returned to Westtown by car and did the course...just to get it out of my system. I took it relatively easy and ran 22:00. This made about 8 for the day.

Today, I did a rather sorry 7.9 in WC Borough. I was running at 7:11 pace but then felt weak and sick during the last 3.9 miles, so much so I had to stop...more than once. My stomach was in knots--gastrointestinal, you know. Yuck! Do I have food poisoning? I struggled to finish in 58:00.

29.8 miles as of Thursday AM.
Friday--4.4 easy or take off
Saturday--6 miles
That would put me at about 36-40.5 for the week, Sunday 8/1 through Saturday 8/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment