Friday, March 20, 2009

Snoozed myself out my planned workout

This morning I must've been out of it. I overslept, getting up at 5:30--well past my usual 4:45. I made my joe, ironed my and my wife's clothes for the day, gave the cat some fresh H2O and cleaned his litter. I did all this while trying to figur out what I would do, realizing it was a little too late for me to dress, drive to the track and do the workout I had in mind: mile warm-up, 2(3x150)--1st set in 21 and 2nd set in 19, with a 250m jog between repeats and a 450 m jog between sets. The cool down would be .5 to 1.0. After taking a couple of sips of coffee and then water and after eating a spoonful of peanut butter, I did the next best thing. I jogged to the parking lot of the school across the street and down the road, tacking on some extra distance for a full 1-mile warm-up. I stretched a bit; my muscles were God-awful tight--not a good sign. I then decided I would approximate a 150 or so in one of the driveways of the school site. I would up simulating what I would have done on the track. The first set of 150s were in the 24/25-second range; the second set were in the 22/23-second range. I trust that this would have amounted to the 21s and 19s I had imagined for today...prior to knowing I would snooze myself out of what I had hoped would be a short, less intense workout designed for sharpening and turnover. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment