Monday, October 30, 2023

Now let's see how I feel tomorrow!

Sun, 10/29-Nice size group on the track today. Even John Curtis was there, after a few weeks' absence. After a lengthy time mulling around, we were finally ready to go. I was going to join the distance workout of 1000s and 400s, but opted instead for the short distance menu of 4x300 with a 5 min rest. It was Andrew Albright who mentioned the day before via text that he was interested in a sprinter-type workout. So here we were. John mention that he was looking for a pace of 50 sec. Knowing I didn't want to risk further injury, I opted to create a second group and start the first effort five seconds after John and crew did. I managed 56 seconds. Oddly, despite this pedestrian pace, I felt more winded than expected. I would tuck in behind Andrew on the second effort, 50.xx. Efforts three and four would find me within 15 and 5 meters of John, respectively. I posted 49.xx and 48.xx. This is the fastest I've gone since that fateful day in early September. Now let's see how I feel tomorrow!

Sat, 10/28-Forbidden drive...run and walk. 3M+ the alternating walk and run up Valley Green (.6M). Modest pace.

Fri, 10/27-2.5M and lift...return to Jennings 1M. 

Thurs, 10/26-took off

Wed, 10/25-3.5M

Tues, 10/24-3M and lift...return to Jennings .5M




No comments:

Post a Comment