Sunday, September 11, 2022

Forbidden Drive

Sept. 12-Ran to Chestnut Hill Ave en route to Forbidden Drive, Changed my mind, as the trail was too dark. Ran about the neighborhood...for a total of 3M

Sept. 11-Had a small group this morning. Worked out with the always-reliable distance crew. The workout was 8x800 at 10/12k pace (~3:20), with 2 min rest. By the time I warmed up and stretched, Bob, Keith, and Chuck had finished two. I started with them on the third. With the group I managed 3:16, 3:18, 3:17, 3:18, 3:13, and 3:00 (Keith wanted to run the second 400 faster, as if to simulate the end of a 5K race). I felt pretty good, despite my stiff achilles and piriformis. 

Sept. 10-I bagged the NJ Senior Games. Made my way to the Wissahickon, hoping to get inspiration from the trails and fellow runners. Not! I ran a mile to the trailhead and then had to pretty much hike a mile until I could get to a bridge that took me to the flatter trail (Forbidden Drive). I then ran another 1.5M, passing Valley Green. I cut back for another .5M and headed back up the hill, which I part-ran/part-walked. I would eventually connect to campus, walking some and running some. I'd put my distance at 3.5M ran + 2M walk/hike.

Sept. 9-Took off, thinking I'd compete at the NJ Senior Games in Woodbridge, NJ.

Sept. 8-Went to the track for a few 150s and 200s, in preparation for Saturday's NJ Senior Games. Felt horrible with my 25, 24, 23, 33, 32, 31.



No comments:

Post a Comment