Monday, October 13, 2014

Michelle's Miles.

Monday, 10/13-did 4.4M in 33:47.

Wednesday, 10/8-Took off the morning with the hope of competing in the mile at Henderson in the evening...at 7:22.  Arrived at Henderson at 6:30 after dropping Bria off.  Warmed up well, but felt a little sluggish.  The community mile was situated between the heats of the mile, 3200 meter, middle school races, etc.  The community mile was comprised mainly of HS kids!  Of the 30+ runners, only a few of us were "community" folks!  I got out well, but boy was it crowded.  Stumbled a bit and had to fight for position.  I saw 36 seconds at the 210m mark and 70 at the 400m mark.  I reached the 800m mark in 2:23, but the demons started talking.  As John Manion passed me, I was convinced I shouldn't be in the race.  I pulled out just after 900 meters.  I should have let John lead the race and just kept pace with him.  Flustered and needing to get ready for my trip to Haiti in just 7 short hours, I left the track.

Tuesday, 10/7-Henderson...workout.  4x200, then mile-and-a-half, then 600, then 4x200.
low 40s for the first set of 200s
1.5M in 8:48
did 400...1:20
second se of 200s: 37,36,35,34.
Ran with top group for much of the workout.

Monday, 10/6-4.4M recovery run

Sunday, 10/5-Michelle's Miles.

Arrived in plenty of time to warm up.
Was 38 degrees or so when we arrived.
Warmed up with Bria...probably a bit more than a mile.
Stretched here and there throughout the athletic center, particularly the squash court area.
Went to and from the track area.
Jogged around the field house.
Beautiful day.
Got out well, leading the first 200m.
Guy passed me, moving quickly.  Stayed within 50m of him as we neared the mile.
Reached the mile in 5:30.
Got passed by another younger guy, VanThuyne, at mile mark.
Guy out front made wrong turn as we made our way uphill towards the campus entrance.
Called out to him to no avail.
Hung within 10m of guy number two over the next mile.
Hit mile 2 in 11:17
Lost significant ground on the guy over the next 400m.
Was about 40 meters behind him at the tennis courts.
About 70 meters behind as we entered the stadium.
Cut the distance back down to 50 meters over the final 325 meters.
Ran 17:40.  Announced as much when I got my check for $50.
Results later read 17:50-something.  Something's awry.



No comments:

Post a Comment