Saturday, January 4, 2014

I figured that it would be futile

Jan 4, 2014

I got up early this morning to drop my daughter off at 6:30 AM to the bus headed for none other than The Armory for the Hispanic Games.  (Because I awakened myself at 2:45 AM with a shout and was restless sense, I was unable to get much shut-eye.)

After I dropped my daughter, I headed to the Y for a workout.  I figured I'd do the usual: mile-lifting in alternating fashion.  I was happy to see that no one was on the donut track when I arrived at just before 7 AM.

Donut track mile: 6:45
Upper body lift: 2:00
Stretch 2:00
Treadmill mile: 6:42
Upper body lift: 2:00
Stretch 2:00
Donut track mile: 5:30
upper body lift: 2:00
Stretch: 2:00
Treadmill mile: 5:28
upper body lift
Stretch: 2:00
I returned to the track for what I was hoping would be a sub-5:00 mile, but it was now occupied by several people.  I waited and waited.  Nothing.  I figured that it would be futile to give it a go, so I went on my merry way.  I felt guilty, guilty that I was unfairly annoyed with the runners and walkers and guilty that I left without completing the workout.

Better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment