Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday, 4/22/09--speed workout
Warm up: 1 mile
3 x 200 speed 28-low, 27-high, 27-low seconds/rest walk 200
3 x 150 (build ups) speed slow medium fast. (8,7,6 sec /50 m for 21 sec) rest walk back
Cool down 1.0
After I did my customary mile warm up, I stepped into my 200s. The first one sucked! It was 29 low. The second was 27-high, which meant I was back on pace. The third was 26 high. My 150s were better. The first one was a bit faster than intended; even though it was a build up, I ran 19 sec. The second one was 21; the third one was 20. I need to remember to get my knees up and get up on my toes for the 400!
I cooled down a mile.

Total 2.7 miles. (16.5 miles so far this week)


Tuesday, 4/21/09-- no Henderson--speed workout
Warm up 1 mile
4 x 300 (Event run) Speed 45 seconds/rest 5 minutes
Cool down 1 mile
I had some problems today. I struggled with my car alarm transmitter, which fell apart on me, making me later. I got down to Penncrest and realized I had forgotten my watch. I got down to the track and one of the bus drivers told me I had to relocate my car to the far, opposite side of the school because I was in designated parking. I had been asked to move a couple of months ago to the area where I was parked! So, I moved the car. On the way back to the track the shoulder strap of my already mended together backpack snapped. I was having problems! I finally did a warm-up and did the best I could with the 300s, which did not feel as strong as I would have liked. I'd put them at about 45. Rest was 5 minutes (I used my phone for this purpose.) I did only 3 300s because I was running late. Not an inspirational workout.
Warm up 1 mile
3 x 300 (Event run) Speed 45 seconds/rest 5 minutes
Cool down 1 mile
2.5 miles

1 comment: