Sunday, February 22, 2009

I ran the 800 at Haverford College this past Friday. There were a lot of college kids and a few masters runners like me.

I felt off kilter going to meet. There was a series of little things (lateness, changing in car, not being registered or seeded in correct heat, having to petition for re-seeding, thinking I forgot something, etc.) that threw me off mentally. These are all excuses, I know. I was not aggressive during the second half of the race. Once I heard 59/60 at the 400 m mark, I was nervous that I had gone out too fast. Instead of pushing the third lap, I pulled back. I did not get up on my toes during the 4th lap and did not work hard to hold off the runner who passed me on the straightaway. Also, I did not remember “toes and arms.” I squandered a great opportunity to run a strong time with college men. I could’ve given myself a great seed time for nationals, the registration for which is now due.
29,60, 1:34, 2:08.23 FAT
60/68=2:08.23
29/31/33/35=2:08.23 FAT

No comments:

Post a Comment