Sunday, June 9, 2019

Otherwise pedestrian

Sun, June 9-

After a so-so showing at Widener yesterday, I decided to flog myself with a workout: 3x400 in a target of 60 sec, with a 10-min rest between efforts.

70 degrees, mild wind.

61-low
60-low
59-mid

Sat, June 8

I headed to Widener today for the MidAtlantic Championship Meet, a combined meet featuring youth, masters, and open categories. Given last year's debacle, I figured I'd arrive later this year rather  than wait three hours before competing. As luck would have it, I arrived too late. I had already completely missed the 400, and the competitors for the 100 had been checked in and were in heats at the start area. There was no way I could warm up and stretch in 15 minutes. Thus, I decided to bag the event and focus on the 200. I warmed up and tried to keep loose for what became a couple of hours. We did not race until 2:45. So, just as the meet had sped up earlier in the day, it seemed to slow by 1:30.

At any rate, I had lane 6 with three guys to my inside and one to my outside in lane 8. While I won the race, the time of 25.53 was an improvement over my time at the Garden State Twilight Meet but otherwise pedestrian.

Fri, June 7

Took off

Thurs, June 6

Took off

No comments:

Post a Comment