Monday, October 14, 2024

Garmin seemed to fail me.

Mon, 10/14/24-

On this day "off" from work, I drove to Forbidden Drive for a 7M run. Starting at the Bells Mill Rd trailhead, I went out 3.5M and came back 3.5M (27:00), averaging around 7:45/M, ...for a total of 7M (56:30). There was one problem, though: my Garmin seemed to fail me. The watch marked 2M well beyond its previous mark. From Bells Mills, the 2-mile mark is just at the Valley Green Bridge. Today, my watch marked 2 miles AFTER the Valley Green Inn. The 3.5M mark seemed long as well. Not only this, but I turned around at 3.51 exactly and ran on the right side of the trail (I ran on the left side during the first 3.5M), and I ended up having to run .03M beyond where I started to achieve 7M. Small potatoes, I suppose! 

No comments:

Post a Comment