Thursday, October 28, 2021

it was worth it not to be detected

 Thurs, 10/28/21-

I got a sluggish start this morning.


I also hemmed and hawed about what I would do for a workout and where.

I left home close to 6AM (way late!) and made my way towards campus. I pulled into Mountain Park next to campus, thinking I would do some 1000s. However, it looks dark, and I could see a few folks in the distance walking with flashlights. So...I made my way just down the road to campus. I gathered my things and headed to the track. No sooner had I dropped my bag and put my earbuds than I received a text from a member of our contact tracing team saying I was part of a positive pair (Covid testing) and needed to isolate immediately (and certainly not be on campus for any reason). I gathered my things and went to my car. 

I read all of the instructions, which included completing a form so that the lab could review my original sample and provide a diagnostic result. I filled out the info and headed towards home. Low on gas, I stopped at a station midway between work and home. Just as I was pulling off to head home I received notice that my sample was "not detected." So...I headed back to campus and just showered. And now? I'm at my desk writing this post! While the workout escaped me, it was worth it not to be detected.

No comments:

Post a Comment