Thursday, June 22, 2017

Not a great time, although it felt pretty good.

Thurs-Went to the Y for some light running and lifting.
mile, lift, stretch, .5 mile, lift, stretch.
Tired.

Wed-Recovery run of 4.3M in 35:00

Tues-Meet at Germantown Academy.  On account of my not reading the event schedule correctly, I registered for the 100 and 200; I neglected to realize a 400m race was being contested.

I warmed up adequately for the 100.  Despite my workout on Sunday, my 100 from lane 2 was pedestrian.  I haven't seen the official time online, but I believe I noted I had run 12-mid, not the 12.21 I had as my seed time.  Shucks and sucks!  Shortly after the race, I returned to the check-in desk and revised my 200 seed time to 25.25 from the 24.42 initially had.  In lane 2 again, I seemed to get out okay, making on the stagger on Rob midway through the turn.  I found myself in second place at the top of the straightaway.  Midway down the homestretch I could see I was gaining on the boy in lane 4 or 5.  I wound up getting him at the line in 25.29.  Not a great time, although it felt pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment