Thursday, July 4, 2024

No need to make an unforced error.

Thurs, 7/4/24-Independence Day!

Figuring I had given my body an extra day of rest, I headed to the track at 8:30 this morning for a session: 8x200 in 32, with 60 seconds' rest. I was a bit surprised to see as many of fifty people at the field, some walking and talking leisurely in lane 1. Nonetheless, I warmed up and tried to get my head straight. As I put on my spikes, I wondered if I'd need to adjust my workout; there were simply too many people in and out of lanes 1 and 2. I decided to proceed as planned. 

Effort 1: 31-low. A second faster than expected. 60 sec rest.

Effort 2: 33-mid. A second slower than expected. 60 sec rest.

Effort 3: 32-mid. Pretty much spot on. 60 sec rest.

Effort 4: 32-mid. Decent, although I want to get comfortable for 31-high/32-low. 60 sec rest.

Effort 5: hamstring and knee started bothering me. I took the last 50 meters easy, reaching the 200m mark in 33-low.

I stopped. No need to make an unforced error. Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment