Tuesday, June 4, 2024

I will take these "almosts" for now.

 Tues, 6/4/24-1.2M in 9:45; lifted; 1.2M in 9:35

Mon, 6/3/24-4.5M in 35:35

Sun, 6/2/24-The Elliott Denman NJ International Track & Field Meet. Spent the night before in NJ. Left Hillsborough at a bit after 12:00. Arrived at about 1:20. After a while, the meet began to drag; it was running behind schedule by 20 minutes, then 30, then 40. I tried to time my warm up for the 400, adjusting as necessary. When it was time to compete, I learned that Mark Williams would not be running in lane 5, to my immediate right. Instead he sent a representative...from another team. I also saw that Kurt Carter, in lane 6, would not be going full-throttle, having competed in the 100 and 110HH. This meant I would not be pushed or pulled to the sub-57 time I desired. I got out okay, making up the stagger on the field of five or six. I managed 57.04, winning by over a second. (Someone in a subsequent masters heat posted a faster time, but he was a kid (9th grade), not a masters runner.) I tried to stay loose for the 200, scheduled for about 90 minutes later. Running in lane 3 with John in lane 3, I got a flaccid start. However, I closed pretty well, hitting 26.02. I wasn't able to overtake the two youngsters in the heat. I almost broke a barrier in each event. I should've been greedier. That's okay. I am good with these times for now. I will take these "almosts" for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment