Sunday, September 4, 2011

I found that I was unprepared



Sunday, 9/4--I set out to run the estimated 11.4-11.5M I did last Sunday, the day after Irene struck. It was windy that day, but otherwise good. I was able to run 81:20 for 7:05-7:10 pace, which is on the faster end of my long run training pace. Today was a different story altogether. I ran the same route (through the Rustin site, down to Goose Creek Park, three laps and headed back the way I came, and to the stop sign next to my house) but I found that I was unprepared for the humidity. It was 12-something and I hadn't eaten or had enough fluids. While I was running my target pace, I was having to work too hard and I did not feel well. I decided not to do the second half of the looping, out-and-back run. Instead I stopped at my house...at 5.7 miles in 40:48, or 7:10 pace. Last week, I reached the same point in 41:30 and turned around to do another 5.75 in 6:58 pace. So actually, on 9/4 I was running a bit faster during the first half of the run than last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment