Friday, August 5, 2011

I needed a moment

Friday--took the day off. On tap tomorrow may be 4x1 mile.

Thursday--In-town run of 7.9. Felt good initially. Started falling back at mile 3, as Ed, John and John increased the pace. Got to 4-mile mark in 28:20. I started feeling my legs getting heavy. Stayed within 100 meters for the next mile, then starting falling off the pace near the industrial area. By the time I got to North Hills area, the guys were well ahead. Eventually I could not see them due to all the turnabouts in the neighborhood. I got to the big hill and lost my bearings; the wheels came off. Two of the other guys caught up with me and tried to encourage me. I told them I needed a moment. (The huge meal at The Capital Grill the night before and lack of sleep due to fullness were taking their toll.) After a minute, I got my act together and started running again. I caught the two guys within 90 seconds and we ran ion together. Final time: 56:30.

Wednesday--relatively easy, though sore 5.15 on and around the Rustin XC course. 39:00

Tuesday--Henderson. 6x1000 with 200 meter jog. I did 800s instead, running the first 800 of their 1000s. My runs were: 2:55, 2:55, 2:53, 2:53 2:48, 2:43. Later in the evening, I took DJ for his workout of 8x800 in 5K pace. His goal pace was 2:55. I decided to do the even ones with him. My runs were: 2:56, 3:01, 2:40 (did this one alone), and 2:50.

Monday--off

No comments:

Post a Comment